- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
For the pork
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 125 g pork steaks, very thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 30 g butter
For the daikon salad
- ½ red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small mooli (white radish), cut into long, thin strips
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- small bunch coriander, stalks and leaves chopped
- 1 crusty roll or mini baguette
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
1. For the pork: mix the garlic, shallot and sesame oil together in a bowl, stir in the pork and set aside to marinate for at least half an hour.
2. For the daikon salad: mix together all of the salad ingredients and season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
3. To cook the pork, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the pork strips and griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the palm sugar over a medium heat without stirring. When it starts to bubble, add the fish sauce then the butter and swirl the pan to mix everything together.
5. Add the griddled pork to the saucepan and stir around to completely coat in the sauce.
6. To serve, spread the baguette with mayonnaise and stuff with the hot pork mixture and salad.
Rate This Recipe