- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: , including boiling condensed milk
- Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1.2 kg condensed milk
- 250 g butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g cornflour
- 300 g flour
- 6 ripe bananas
1. Place the tins of condensed milk into a deep saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for one and a half hours. Leave to cool.
2. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4. Cream the butter and sugar together and add the cornflour and flour. Knead lightly until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Use the mixture to line a 20 x 30cm tart tin.
3. Spread with the cooled condensed milk and sliced bananas and crumble the remaining shortbread mixture over the top.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Leave too cool. Cut into squares and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Rate This Recipe