- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g lean rump or sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp oregano or dried marjoram
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 cans (410 g) kidney beans, drained
- 150 ml water
- 6-8 Mediterranean wrap
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sliced avocados
- red onions
- coriander leaves
- soured cream
1. Place the steaks in a shallow bowl and add the dried herb, smoked paprika and salt and pepper. Rub well into the steaks on both sides, cover and refrigerate until required.
2. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, beans and water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
4. Cook the steaks according to your preference on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill.
5. Cut the steaks into slices and serve in a wrap with the garnishes.
Rate This Recipe