- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large Savoy cabbage, outer leaves removed
- black pepper
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, finely chopped
- good pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook the cabbage whole in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and leave to drain, stalk side up.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
3. Place the bacon and sugar in a bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper and the olive oil. Mix together.
4. Cut the cabbage into quarters and toss in the oil and bacon mixture until evenly coated. Wrap each quarter in kitchen foil and place in an ovenproof dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, then unwrap and serve.
Rate This Recipe