- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating overnight
- Effort: easy
For the marinade
- 15 sun-blushed tomatoes, taken from jar with olive oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped, chopped
- 5 fat garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
For the lamb
- 1.5 kg leg of lamb, boned out
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion
1. Pour 125ml olive oil from the jar of sun-blushed tomatoes into a bowl and add the rosemary leaves, garlic, paprika, and ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper to season.
2. Finely chop the tomatoes and add to the marinade. Stir well and rub half the marination over both sides of the lamb. Put the meat in a plastic bag, seal, and leave overnight in a cool place. Keep any leftover marination in a small covered bowl in the fridge
3. Heat a barbecue or oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the marinated meat on the grill or in a roasting tin and cook for about an hour until the juices run a faint pink when pierced with a knife. Leave to rest for about 15 mins.
4. Make the sauce while the meat is resting. Heat the rapeseed oil in a small saucepan and soften the onion over a low heat for about 5 mins. Pour in the extra marinating liquid and simmer, uncovered, for 2 mins, until the juices have thickened - spoon over the meat. Serve the lamb in slices with crusty bread and a green salad.
For quality ingredients look for a quality mark. Red Tractor beef and lamb is responsibly produced and provenance guaranteed.
Red Tractor beef and lamb: its a Good Food Story.
Rate This Recipe