- Serves: 4-5. Makes 10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and diced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp dried oregano, ½ tsp cayenne pepper mixed together
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice and finely grated zest
- 1 heads lettuce, shredded
- crisp fried corn tortillas, or taco shells
- coriander, finely chopped
1. Preheat a grill/griddle or barbecue.
2. Mix the tomatoes, red onion and avocado.
3. In a large bowl combine the mixed spice and herb mixture with the oil until well blended.
4. Add the chicken to the spice and herb mixture and turn in the mixture to coat well.
5. Cook the chicken breasts on a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, turning a couple of times.
6. When the chicken is fully cooked through, place on a chopping board and slice.
7. To make the lime mayonnaise, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest.
8. To serve; fill the tortilla shells or tacos with the sliced chicken, avocado salad and lettuce. Drizzle with the lime mayonnaise and sprinkle with coriander.
Rate This Recipe