- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the prawns
- 24 raw king prawns, shelled, tail on, veins removed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 12 slices pancetta
- 12 basil
For the smashed spuds with peas
- 800baby g potatoes
- sea salt and pepper
- 200 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 150 g butter, diced
- 350 ml crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp mint, chopped
For the barbecued baby gem lettuce
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
Place the potatoes in a large flower pot. Place a baby gem quarter on the end of each prawn skewer and place the rest in the flower pot. Stand the prawn skewers upright in the flower pot!
1. To make the prawns; preheat a barbecue.
2. Drizzle the prawns with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Cut each pancetta slice in half and lay flat on work surface. Top with half a basil leaf and a prawn.
4. Roll the pancetta around the prawns and thread 6 onto each skewer.
5. Cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side on the barbecue.
6. To make the smashed spuds with peas; cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove the potatoes and place in a large bowl.
7. Cook the peas in the remaining water for about 3 minutes or until tender.
8. Smash the potatoes with a potato masher until 'chunky' and then add the crème fraiche, butter and herbs. Season with salt and pepper and then add the drained peas.
9. To make the barbecued baby gem lettuce; cut the lettuce in half lengthways and then again into quarters. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Place on the barbecue and cook for 1 minute on either side.
Rate This Recipe