- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg raw unshelled king or tiger prawns
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed with a knife blade
- 1 1 pinches ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- juice of 1 lemons
- 1 large bunch coriander, trimmed and chopped
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
1. Peel the prawns, removing the black vein which runs down the back.
2. Whizz all the other ingredients in a blender, adding enough olive oil to create a smooth paste.
3. Scrape the mixture into a bowl, then stir in the prawns. Cover and store in the fridge for approximately 2-4 hours before cooking. Allow to come to room temperature 1 hour before cooking. Thread onto metal skewers.
4. Barbecue the prawns over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on their size. Alternatively, cook on a ridged cast-iron stove-top grill.
Rate This Recipe