- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large Madagascan prawns, heads removed, de-veined
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 large handfuls micro leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed, cut into chunks
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp salad cream
- 1 handfuls chives, chopped
1. Heat a barbecue until smoking.
2. Slice each the prawns into three pieces and add to the hottest part of the barbecue. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then turn over. Squeeze the lemon juice over the prawns as they continue to cook and add a drizzle of olive oil (be careful as flames may appear), Cook for a further 1-2 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through.
3. Add the shredded lettuce and micro leaves to a large bowl and toss together to combine, then add the avocado and shallots.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and salad cream. Season with salt and pepper, add a couple of spoonfuls to the salad mixture and mix thoroughly until all the leaves are well coated.
5. Pile the salad onto two serving plates and place the prawns on top. Spoon over the remaining dressing, sprinkle over the chopped chives, and serve.
Rate This Recipe