- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 fresh scallops, cleaned with 4 shells reserved
- wet sea salt
For the hazelnut butter
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 shallot, or small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 smallbunch of chives, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice only
For the French dressing
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml olive oil
For the salad
- mixed salad leaves
- small handful basil
- smallbunch of chives, chopped
1. To make the hazelnut butter, mix all the ingredients and season with pepper.
2. Put two cleaned scallops back into each shell and divide the hazelnut butter between them. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
3. Replace the lids of the scallop shells and cook on a barbecue or under a hot grill for 3-5 minutes.
4. To make the French dressing, whisk together the mustard and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, slowly whisking in the oils. Use to dress the salad leaves and herbs.
5. Serve the cooked scallops, on piles of wet sea salt with the dressed salad.
Rate This Recipe