- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 large sea bass, scaled and gutted
- 4-6 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 150 ml coconut cream
- 6-8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice only
- black pepper
1. Mix together the tamarind paste, red onion, garlic, tomato, coriander, coconut cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Set the tamarind marinade to one side to rest for 10 minutes, to allow the flavours to develop.
3. Cut deep slashes in each side of the sea bass. Place it on a large sheet of lightly oiled foil and pour the marinade evenly over both sides of the fish.
4. Wrap the foil around the sea bass and set aside to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
5. Cook the sea bass in its foil wrapping on a barbecue, allowing 15 minutes per side.
Rate This Recipe