- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus one hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1.5 litres red wine, preferably Pinot Noir
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- bunch thyme
1. Combine the lemon juice, pinot noir, garlic and thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the venison into a dish and pour over the marinade. Refrigerate for one hour. Heat the barbecue, but don't let it get too hot.
3. Cook the haunch on the barbecue, for about 1 hour, or until tender and cooked to your liking. Turn the venison regularly, ensuring that it gets an even heat. Because it takes quite a while to cook, it's best to keep the meat a fair distance from the hot coals.
Rate This Recipe