- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1/2 sweet potatoes, sliced into 4cm discs
- 1 red apple
- 2 chops of wild boar
- 1 wild boar Cumberland sausages
- chimichurri sauce
1. Put three of the sweet potato discs on the hottest part of the barbecue and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once blistered and coloured on one side.
2. Add the apples, skin-side down, on a medium-hot area of the barbecue.
3. Season the chops with salt and pepper and trim off most of the excess fat. Add to the hottest part of the barbecue and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until well browned and cooked through. Remove and leave to rest on a warm plate.
4. Add the sausage to the barbecue. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, or until browned, then carefully turn onto the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
5. Cover the boar chops with a thin layer of the chimichurri sauce. Remove the sausage and place on the plate with the chops, and brush with the chimichurri sauce as well.
6. Take the sweet potato and apples off the heat. Slice the potato rounds in half and spoon the flesh of the apples out of the skin and into a small bowl.
7. Slice the chops into thick strips and arrange on a serving plate. Cut the sausages in half and pile onto the plate next to the chops, then spoon over the sweet potato rounds and soft apple flesh. Drizzle over some chimichurri sauce and serve.
Rate This Recipe