- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 large Portobello or field mushrooms
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- small handful of leaves basil
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g gorgonzola cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- radicchio or rocket, to serve
1. Lightly score a criss-cross pattern into the tops of the mushroom caps and arrange the mushrooms in shallow dish.
2. Combine the garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, both kinds of vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir well and pour the mixture over the mushrooms.
3. Set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes. Do not leave to marinate for too long or the mushrooms will become soggy.
4. Cook the mushrooms on a hot barbeque or under a pre-heated grill brown on both sides.
5. Just before serving, spoon a little cheese on to the stem side of each mushroom cap. Return to the heat until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately with radicchio or rocket.
Rate This Recipe