- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 240 g cooked sushi rice
- 1 red peppers, roasted and cut into five 0.5cm strips
- 1 yellow peppers, roasted and cut into five 0.5cm strips
- 20 basil
- 175 g mozzarella, thinly sliced into five 0.5cm strips
- 1 cans tinned anchovies, drained and trimmed to 5cm strips (optional)
- 125 ml soy sauce
1. Cover a sushi mat with cling film. Wet your hands and form about 60g of prepared sushi rice into a loose cylindrical shape.
2. Lay the cylinder in the middle of the sushi mat. Holding the sides of the mat close together, shimmy the sides up and down, rolling the rice in the crease, which will form the rice into a neat cylinder about 2.5cm in diameter.
3. Remove the rice cylinder from the mat and set on a cutting-board which has been wiped with a damp, clean towel.
4. Place alternating strips of roasted red and yellow peppers, basil leaves, mozzarella and anchovies, angled vertically and side by side, centred down the length of the rice cylinder.
5. Tear a piece of cling film large enough to cover the roll. Take the rolling mat and gently squeeze the length of the roll to shape and tighten it. Roll the rice cylinder onto the cling film, retaining the same shape.
6. Wet a knife and cut clean through the plastic wrap into six even pieces. Slowly lift the cling film from the roll. Repeat the process making three more rolls. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
Rate This Recipe