- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 g shredded beef, or vegetarian suet
- 300 ml cold water
1. Butter a 1.75 litre pudding bowl.
2. Sift the flour and the salt into a large bowl. Add the suet and season with salt. Lightly mix and add the water a little at a time.
3. Cut through the dough using a round bladed knife as if you were making scones. Using your hands, mix to form a soft dough.
4. On a lightly floured work surface roll out the dough into a round disc about 0.5-1cm thick. Cut out about a quarter of the pastry mixture for the lid and set aside.
5. Use the remainder of the dough to line a well buttered 1.75 litre pudding bowl, leaving at least 1cm dough hanging over the edge.
Rate This Recipe