- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 2x400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the garlic and shallot until slightly browned.
2. Add a few basil leaves and then pour in the tomatoes. Stir and cook gently for 30-40 minutes, until reduced to a thick sauce.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and toss in the remaining basil leaves.
Rate This Recipe