- Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp salt
- 60 ml olive oil
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 270 ml water
Tips and Suggestions
For a variation, add 180g roast potatoes, 1tsp ground cumin and a sprig of rosemary after the dough has been left to rise for the second time.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, taking care not to put the yeast on top of the salt. Knead well with your hands and knuckles, then leave to rise for 1 hour.
2. Oil a 450g loaf tin. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and mould into a sausage shape. Put the dough in the tin and leave to rise for another 30 minutes - 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 230C/gas 8.
4. Dust the top of the dough with flour, transfer the tin to the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool.
Rate This Recipe