- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g potatoes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 basil
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. If using new potatoes, wash and scrub them thoroughly. Place in a saucepan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
2. If using baking potatoes, peel and cut into new potato-size chunks before proceeding as in Step 1.
3. Boil, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender - about 10 minutes. Drain in a sieve, and leave to sit in the sieve for a couple of minutes.
4. Transfer the drained potatoes to a mixing bowl, add the olive oil, basil and seasoning and mash until light and fluffy.
5. Serve in a large, warmed bowl with fresh basil leaves as garnish.
Rate This Recipe