- Serves: makes 280ml
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 bunches basil
- 275 ml high qualityextra virgin olive oil
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the herbs, making sure that the leaves are submerged, and blanch for five seconds. Drain into a strainer and immediately plunge the herbs into a bowl of ice water. Put the basil back into the strainer and squeeze out all the liquid.
2. Puree the basil in a blender with olive oil.
3. Strain puree immediately through a fine-mesh strainer. Then strain again through some muslin.
4. Put in a sterilized glass bottle, cover tightly and refrigerate. For optimum flavour, use within a week.
Rate This Recipe