- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 2 big bunches basil
- 350 ml double cream
- 30 g sugar
- 2 vanilla pods, split
- 1/2 leaf gelatine
1. Pick the basil leaves and blanch in a pan of boiling water until soft ' this will take a good 30 seconds.
2. Drain, then place into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Push through a sieve lined with muslin, and chill in the fridge until needed.
3. Place the cream with the sugar. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the mixture and throw in the pods as well. Gently heat through. Add the gelatine and stir until dissolved.
4. Stir in the basil purée. Pour the mixture through a sieve into ten small glass tumblers and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set.
5. Serve chilled from the tumblers.
Rate This Recipe