- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the oven roast potatoes
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
For the steak
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 4 x 150 g bavette steaks, trimmed
For the parsley salad:
- 1 unwaxed lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp cornichons, very finely chopped
- 1 large handfuls small-leaved flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. For the roast potatoes: pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large metal roasting dish and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Leave the skins on the potatoes and slice into 1cm slices. Put into a heatproof bowl and toss with the remaining oil, herbs and plenty of salt and pepper. Carefully pour into the hot roasting tray.
4. Cook for 30-40 minutes, turning once halfway through when one side should be crispy and golden.
5. For the steak: Shortly after youve turned over the potatoes, heat a griddle pan to smoking hot. Rub the oil into the steaks and season well. Add to the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare. Allow to rest before slicing.
6. For the parsley salad: First make the dressing by combining the lemon juice and zest with the mustard and sun-dried tomatoes. Whisk in the olive oil, add the capers and cornichons, season to taste and reserve until you are ready to serve.
7. To serve, place a few potatoes in the centre of your plate topped with some very thin slices of steak. Finally pour the dressing over your salad and pile on top of the steak.
Rate This Recipe