- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus resting
- Effort: medium
- 1 x 250 g Bavette steak
- 1/2 bunches watercress
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 dashes of olive oil
For the potatoes
- 300 g assorted heritage potatoes, boiled and sliced (e.g. Red Duke of York and Pink Fir)
- knob of butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprigs rosemary
For the butter sauce (makes a large roll to use again and again)
- 500 g butter, softened
- grated horseradish
1. Season the steak and place in a hot griddle pan.
2. Cook to medium rare (4-6 minutes on each side), then rest for 6 minutes.
3. For the potatoes:lightly fry the boiled potatoes in a hot pan with butter, garlic and rosemary until golden (6-8 minutes).
4. For the butter sauce: place softened butter, tarragon and horseradish in a food processor and blitz. Remove and roll into a roll, cover with cling film and refrigerate.
5. In a bowl dress the watercress with some lemon and olive oil and place on a plate.
6. Warm a knob of the butter sauce in a hot pan, until just starting to melt then place on top of steak and serve with the potatoes and salad.
Rate This Recipe