- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kg Maris Piper potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 250 g unsalted butter, diced
- 250 ml double cream
- freshly ground white pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg, optional
1. Boil the potatoes with the bay leaves in a large pan of boiling, lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain in a colander and leave to steam so they dry out slightly.
2. Break the potatoes down a little then push the mixture through a drum sieve into a clean pan.
3. Gradually stir in the butter and cream with salt and white pepper to taste. Add a little grated nutmeg if you wish and gently warm through over a low heat.
Rate This Recipe