- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2-4 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 12 chicken thighs, skins scored
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 225 g white long grain rice
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 100 g frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs
1. Mix together the chicken thighs, barbecue sauce, honey, oyster sauce, olive oil and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 5. Transfer the marinated chicken to a roasting tin. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning now and then, until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, rinse the rice to wash out excess starch. Place in a medium-sized heavy saucepan. Add 300ml water and season with salt. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer over a very low heat for 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
4. Spread the rice out on a large plate to cool.
5. Heat a wok until very hot. Add the groundnut oil and heat through. Add the garlic and stir-fry for one minute. Add the cooled rice and mix thoroughly with the garlic.
6. Crack the eggs into the rice and add the cooked peas. Stir-fry until the eggs are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve the barbecue chicken with the fried rice.
Rate This Recipe