- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 12 hrs to marinate
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 1.5 kg chicken
- 1 x 7.5 cm fresh turmeric
- 1 x 10 cm fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onions
- 1 small red chilli
- fish sauce, to taste
- vegetable oil, for the marinade
- honey, to garnish
1. Joint the chicken into 8 pieces with the skin on: 2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 breasts and 2 wings.
2. On each piece, make a couple of incisions on the flesh, right to the bone.
3. In a food processor, finely blend the turmeric, ginger, garlic, onion and chillies. Cover the chicken pieces with blended ingredients and pour over the oil and fish sauce. Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge, overnight if possible.
4. When ready to cook, pre-heat a grill, brush the excess marinade from the chicken pieces and cook on both sides until tender and golden brown.
5. Arrange on a platter, drizzle lightly with honey and serve with a salad.
Rate This Recipe