- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 large whole mackerel
- juice of 4 limes
- 10 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 scotch bonnets or other hot chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 bunches of spring onions, finely chopped
- sprig thyme
- black pepper
1. Place the fish on a large piece of kitchen foil (big enough to be able to wrap the fish completely and generously in one piece). Rub the fish with the lime juice and season it with the remaining ingredients. Wrap loosely in the foil, sealing all around the edges well by folding them over. At this stage it can be left in the fridge for a few hours.
2 Preheat a hot barbecue and cook the fish in the foil parcel for 40 minutes.
Rate This Recipe