- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Japanese soy sauce, (shoyu)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp molasses sugar
- juice of 1 small oranges
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm piece ginger, chopped and squeezed
- 2 kg pork spare ribs
- black pepper
1. Mix together all the ingredients except the ribs.
2. Put the ribs in a shallow dish. Add the marinade, turning the ribs to coat well. Cover with cling wrap and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight, turning when you remember.
3. Allow the ribs to come to room temperature before cooking.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
5. Put the ribs and marinade in a large roasting pan. Cover with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Test by inserting a skewer into the meat. It should no longer be pink and the juices should run clear.
6. Remove the foil and roast for 5-10 minutes more. Once the foil is off, the sauce will reduce and adhere to the meat.
7. Serve hot, warm or cold.
Rate This Recipe