- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 110 g fillet steak
- 1 small carrot, peeled and very thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 25 g mangetout, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 green chilli, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/2 red chilli, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 sprigs coriander
1. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Place the meat on the very hottest part of the grill, grill for 20 seconds on each side.
2. Remove from the heat and plunge into iced water for about 30 seconds. Wrap in cling film and place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
3. Put all the vegetables, chillies and ginger into fresh iced water for 30 minutes to crisp. Remove and drain thoroughly.
4. To serve, slice the beef into very thin slices and arrange around the edge of a serving plate.
5. Place the vegetables in a bowl and toss with the soy sauce and olive oil. Put the vegetables in the centre piled high now add the coriander for garnish.
Recipe courtesy of wagamama.com
Rate This Recipe