- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 4 coriander roots
- 1 red chilli
- 16 small button mushrooms
- 4 red peppers, cubed
- 16 shallots, peeled
- 16 small new potatoes, par-boiled
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for brushing
1. Peel the tough outer casing from the lemon grass. Finely chop the white bulbous part of the stalk, discarding the fibrous remainder.
2. In a pestle and mortar or electric blender, grind the lemon grass, coriander roots and chilli into a fine paste.
3. Place the mushrooms, red pepper, shallots and new potatoes in a large bowl. Add the lemon grass paste and mix well.
4. Mix in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, turmeric and cumin. Season with freshly ground pepper.
5. Set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
6. Thread the vegetables alternately onto bamboo skewers which have been soaked in cold water for 1 hour. Brush the vegetables with oil.
7. Cook the vegetable kebabs on a hot barbecue until tender, browning on all sides.
Rate This Recipe