- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 leg of lamb, boned and butterflied by the butcher
- 1 tbsp lavender flowers
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp apple jelly, plus extra to serve
1. Place the lamb in a large dish.
2. Finely chop the lavender flowers, discarding any stems. Sprinkle over the lamb.
3. Pour over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Rub the ingredients thoroughly into the lamb and leave to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
5. The next day heat your barbecue and place the lamb on top. Cook in total for 45 minutes, turning once during cooking.
6. Halfway through cooking spread 1 tablespoon of apple jelly (ideally home-made) over the lamb.
7. Serve the barbecued lamb with the apple jelly.
Rate This Recipe