- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cm ginger, finely grated
- 200 g beef fillet, minced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 2 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1. Soak the dried Chinese mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes before draining from the soaking water and finely chopping.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat and toss in the garlic, ginger, mushrooms and beef. Stir fry for 1 minute and then add the rice wine, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Continue frying for another 4-5 minutes, stirring all the time.
3. Place a tablespoon of the meat mixture on each cupped lettuce leaf, sprinkle with coriander and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe