- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 75 g chestnut mushrooms
- 450 g lean beef sirloin, or minute steaks, fat removed and chopped into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 75 g cherry tomatoes, or small plum tomatoes, halved
- 225 g mangetout, or sugar snap peas
- 150 ml hot vegetable stock
- 400 g cooked egg noodles
- small bunch fresh mint leaves, torn
Tips and Suggestions
To enhance the flavour of Aaron's dish, add 2 tbsp of sunflower oil to the beef, garlic and ginger mix, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking.
1. Heat a glug of oil in a large griddle pan or wok and throw in the mushrooms with a little black pepper. Cook on a high heat for 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile, combine the meat, garlic and ginger in a large shallow bowl. Season with salt and freshly milled black pepper.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the mushrooms, cook for a few more seconds, then remove from the pan and set aside. Add some extra oil to the pan, throw in the marinated meat and fry for 30 seconds each side.
4. Add the tomatoes, a pinch more salt, peas, mushrooms, stock and noodles, then cook for a couple of minutes. Transfer to four bowls and garnish with mint.
Rate This Recipe