- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp butter
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 700 g minced beef
- 2 tbsp French mustard
- 7 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 200 g wensleydale cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and fry the shallots until softened.
2. Transfer the shallots to a large bowl and add the beef, mustard, gherkins, garlic, parsley and cream.
3. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Divide the mixture into 8 burgers.
5. Cut the Wensleydale into 8 pieces and mould each burger around a piece of the cheese.
6. Heat the remaining butter together with the oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve in soft bread buns with fries or salad.
Rate This Recipe