- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g chilled beef fillet
- extra virgin olive oil, for greasing and drizzling
- large handful rocket
- parmesan, cut into shavings using a vegetable peeler
- 18 olives, stones removed, halved lengthways
Tips and Suggestions
This is a very quick and easy starter recipe, the beef can be sliced and rolled up to a day in advance of serving.
Just cover tightly with clingfilm and when ready to serve, arrange on a plate and scatter the other ingredients over.
1. Slice the beef as thinly as possible using a sharp knife.
2. Place each slice of beef on a layer of lightly greased cling film, then cover with another layer of greased cling film. Flatten the beef with a rolling pin by gently rolling over until it is paper-thin. Repeat with each slice of beef, adding more oil to the cling film if needed.
3. Arrange the beef slices on a serving plate and scatter the rocket, parmesan shavings and olives over. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with crusty bread.
Want to see more ideas like this? Take a look at all of our starter recipes.
Rate This Recipe