- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 700 g beef fillet, cut in 2cm cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the bean and garlic purée:
- 800g tinned white beans, drained
- 1 whole head garlic, roasted
- 150 g sweet curelardons of bacon, blanched
- 50 ml olive oil
- sea salt, and white pepper
For the chimichurri:
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
1. Thread the beef onto the skewers and brush with the olive oil.
2. Puree the white beans and garlic together in a blender until the mixture forms a coarsely textured purée. Place the bacon lardons in a saucepan and push the bean mixture through a sieve into the pan. Add the olive oil and season to taste. Heat gently and keep warm until ready to serve.
3. Purée all the ingredients for the Chimichurri together in a blender.
4. Grill the beef skewers until cooked to your liking, brushing with the chimichurri mixture during the last few minutes of cooking.
5. To serve, spoon a disc of the purée into the centre of each of 4 warmed plates, top with 2 beef skewers and drizzle with a little extra chimichurri.
Rate This Recipe