- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stick celery
- 1 large red pepper, e-seeded, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 thick beef fillet, steakstrimmed and tidied
- 1 small glass Marsala wine
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the olive oil, onion, celery and red pepper into a frying pan. Fry gently for 7-8 minutes until the onion is well softened. Add the lettuce and cook for a minute or so until wilted. Using a perforated spoon, remove all the vegetables and set aside.
2. Add the butter to the pan and increase the heat slightly. When sizzling, add the steaks and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove the steaks and add to the reserved vegetables.
3. Pour the wine into the pan and stir thoroughly, scraping up any residue from the bottom of the pan and thoroughly mixing it with the reserved meat and vegetables. Drain into the pan any liquid that may have seeped out from the vegetables and meat. Allow to bubble together for 1 minute.
4. Increase the heat to high, then slip the vegetables and meat back into the pan. Season thoroughly and mix together. Cook for a maximum of 2 minutes, turning the meat as it heats through.
5. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe