- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g beef fillet, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp white wine
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g ho fun noodles, or other flat rice noodles (soaked according to packet instructions if dried)
- 1 tbsp Chinese black beans
- 1 cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- ½ green peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ red peppers, thinly sliced
- 115 ml beef, veal or chicken stock or water
1. In a bowl mix together the beef and the cornflour, then mix in the oyster sauce, black pepper and 1 tablespoon of white wine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat, add the noodles and stir fry for 3 -4 minutes. Remove from the wok and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over a high heat until smoking then add the black beans, ginger, garlic and chilli and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add the green and red peppers and the beef, along with any juices in the bowl, and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the remaining white wine and stock or water and boil for 1 minute. Tip in the noodles, stir to heat through then serve.
Rate This Recipe