- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 sirloin steak
- 50 ml rice wine
- dash soy sauce
- half limes, juice only
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 1 packet rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 bird's eye chillies
- bunch of coriander, chopped
- fish sauce, to taste
1. Marinate the steak for 2 hours in the rice wine, soy and half the lime juice. Set aside.
2. Place the stock in a saucepan and reduce by a third.
3. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, then cool under cold water and set aside.
4. Chop the chillies and put into a small bowl of fish sauce.
5. In a very hot pan, sear the steak for a minute on each side. Remove from the pan and let it rest, then cut it into thin slices (it should be very rare, as it will cook a little more when put in the hot soup).
6. Reheat the stock if necessary, then ladle into a bowl, add the noodles, the remaining lime juice, a big dash of fish sauce and add the chilli/fish sauce mixture to taste. Top with fresh coriander and the rare slices of beef.
Rate This Recipe