- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- knob of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- few splashes olive oil
- 1 large cep mushroom, top brushed and stalk peeled, chopped into chunks
- 1 smoked garlic, (or normal garlic if none is available), crushed
- 1 beef, onglet, sliced into strips against the grain
- smoked paprika, to taste
- 250 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
1. Sweat the onions in a saucepan with a little butter until softened, but not browned.
2. Heat the oil in a separate pan and brown the mushroom chunks. Add the garlic to the pan.
3. While the mushroom and garlic are frying, coat the onglet strips with a dusting of paprika. Set aside.
4. Once the mushrooms and garlic are coloured, tip them into the onion pan. Wipe the mushroom pan clean with kitchen paper.
5. Pour the double cream over the onions and mushrooms and stir to combine. Keep warm.
6. Reheat the mushroom pan until smoking hot, add another splash of olive oil and fry the onglet until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and stir the brandy into the meaty juices. Tip into the mushroom and cream mix.
7. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary. Add the chopped gherkins and chives, stir and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe