- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- melted butter
For the beef salad:
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 red chilli, (ideally Thai), de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300 g beef sirloin, cooked and diced
- 2 cucumber, diced
- coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Lay out the filo sheets and brush each sheet with melted butter.
3. Layer 4 sheets of filo one on top of the other. Cut the layered sheet into triangles. Repeat the process with the remaining filo sheets.
4. Shape the filo pastry into cones, using a cream horn mould.
5. Place the pastry cones on baking sheets and bake for 3-4 minutes, until crisp and golden.
6. Remove from the oven and cool.
7. To make the beef salad, mix together the fish sauce, lime juice, chilli, garlic, onion and soy sauce.
8. Toss the beef and cucumber in the fish sauce dressing, mixing well.
9. Fill the cones with the beef salad, garnish with coriander and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe