- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 piece of fillet or sirloin beef steaks, about 240g
- 3 tbsp toasted rice, ground to breadcrumb consistency
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 15 g mint leaves
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh green peppercorns
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 120 g lemongrass, tender part onlysliced
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok until hot.
2. Add the garlic and fry until golden-brown. Remove the garlic and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Preheat the grill and grill the steak briefly, ensuring that it's still rare. Alternately, fry the steak, taking care to keep it rare.
4. Rest the steak for 5 minutes. Slice finely.
5. Toss together the sliced steak, fried garlic, toasted rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, mint leaves, shallots, green peppercorns, carrot and lemon grass. Serve.
Rate This Recipe