- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2.25 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kg chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 small sticks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 streaky bacon, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 3 tbsp green peppercorns
- 1 bunches parsley, chopped
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2. Heat the oil in a casserole pan set over a high heat and tip in the meat. Fry the meat until browned before removing from the pan. Leave on one side.
2. Lower the heat and fry the onion, celery, garlic and bacon until lightly coloured.
3. Crush 2 tablespoons of the peppercorns, using a pestle and mortar before adding them to the pan along with the parsley. Stir in the wine and stock and add the bay leaves.
4. Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 1½ - 2 hours.
5. Add the remaining tablespoon of peppercorns at the end of cooking and serve the meaty casserole with potatoes.
Rate This Recipe