- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g fillet steak, trimmed and cut into finger- width slivers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, thinly diced
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g mini portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 50 ml red wine
- 50 ml beef stock
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 2-3 tbsp brandy
- 150 ml yogurt, such as Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat 1/2 of the oil and 1/2 the butter in a medium pan, add the garlic and shallots and fry for 3 4 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms to the shallots and fry briskly until tender, add the wine and stock to the pan bring to the boil and boil rapidly until reduced by 3/4.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil and butter over a high heat, add the beef slithers and nutmeg, fry for 2 3 minutes, till browned but still pink. Stir in the onion, mushroom mixture, add the brandy and reduce for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the yogurt and parsley, season to taste and serve.
Rate This Recipe