- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg fillet steak, sliced into strips
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 150 g soured cream
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 500 ml chicken or beef stock
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Coat the beef in four tablespoons of the flour. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry until golden. Add the beef and fry until brown.
2. In a separate pan, melt the butter and flour together stirring constantly. Add the sour cream, tomato paste, a pinch of salt and the stock. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pour the sauce over the beef and cook for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
4. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately, with rice.
Rate This Recipe