- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 6 minutes plus 30 minutes for the rice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cm ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp sake
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 100 ml light soy sauce
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 sirloin steaks, fillets about 175g each
- 500 g Thai jasmine rice, cooked, to serve
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients together and add the steaks to the bowl. Leave on one side for a minimum of 10-15 minutes, overnight if you have the time.
2. Tip the rice into a sieve and wash with running water until the water runs clear. Place the rice in an electric rice cooker filled with enough water to generously cover the grains - leave it to cook for about 30 minutes, until the rice is fluffy. Alternatively, cook the rice in a pan, following instructions on the packet.
3. Heat a wok with the vegetable oil and when hot, drain the steak from its marinade and add to the pan. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side - it should still be quite pink in the centre. Pour the rest of the marinade over the steak and cook down until the sauce thickens. Serve the steak straight from the pan accompanied with the steamed jasmine rice.
Rate This Recipe