- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus up to 1 hour marinating
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 300 g beef skirt steak, at room temperature
- 200 g purple sprouting broccoli, halved lengthways, any woody stems removed
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
1. In a large shallow dish, mix together the soy, sake, brown sugar and a splash of the groundnut oil. Add the steak and leave to marinate for up to 1 hour.
2. Heat a wok until very hot, then cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side (reserve the teriyaki marinade). Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
3. Wipe the pan clean then heat a little more oil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes before adding the ginger and mushrooms.
4. Stir fry for 2 minutes then add the reserved marinade, a few tablespoons of water and the sesame seeds.
5. Slice the beef into thin strips and stir into the hot vegetables. Serve straightaway with steamed rice or noodles.
Rate This Recipe