- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small fillet of beef
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- fresh horseradish, grated
- 150 ml double cream, whipped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 carrot, grated
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 12 mini-yorkshire puddings
1. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot. Add in the beef fillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side, making sure it is pink in the middle. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and slice finely into 24 slices.
2. In a bowl, mix together the fresh horseradish, whipped cream and lemon juice.
3. Heat the vegetable oil for deep-frying in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add in the shredded carrot and deep-fry until a light golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Place a little of the horseradish mixture inside each mini-Yorkshire pudding. Top with 2 slices of roast beef, garnish with the deep-fried carrot and serve.
Rate This Recipe