- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 500 g dried cannellini beans
- 225 g salt pork, with rind
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp mushroom ketchup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Colmans mustard powder
- 2 onions
- 1 bottles stout
1. Soak the beans overnight.
2. Drain and cook for 20 minutes in boiling water.
3. Preheat oven to 150C/gas 2.
4. Beat together honey, molasses, ketchups and mustards.
5. Put the pork at the bottom of the casserole.
6. Add the beans.
7. Slice the onions and add to the beans.
8. Add the honey/molasses/ketchup/mustard mixture, the stoutand enough water to cover.
9. Put foil on top of casserole before you put the lid on.
10. Bake for 6-7 hours, adding more stout and/or water if it looks like drying out.
Rate This Recipe