- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- ½ lemons, sliced
- handful parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sumac
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium chicken
- vegetable oil, for rubbing
- 1 can lager, stout or beer
- 1 lemon wedges
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
To make this recipe on a BBQ, cook the chicken on a BBQ with the lid down for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Experiment by using stout or other kinds of beer for different flavours.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a bowl, mix the lemon, parsley, a generous amount of salt, sumac and the garlic.
2. Stuff the mixture into the chicken, ensuring that you compact it in and leave enough space for the can of beer. Rub the outside of the chicken with vegetable oil.
3. Open the can of beer, pour ¼ into a glass and place the can in a roasting tray. Position the chicken on top of it so it sits upright on each can.
4. Put into the oven for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through. To check if its cooked through, pull the leg away from the body and check that the juices run clear and the meat looks cooked.
5. Once cooked, cut the chicken and pull the joints apart. Serve on a plate with lemon wedges and scattered coriander sprigs.
Love chicken? Take a look at lots more of our chicken recipes.
Rate This Recipe